Skip to main content

I have been married to a marine for 10 years as of Nov 27, 2002. I want information on his retirement.

Norfolk, VA |

We were separated for 2 years about to be divorced in Hawaii. He bought a home and got orders to Quantico Virginia. Asked if we can work things out. 3 weeks in after breaking my lease and moved. He agreed that he was in a put me on the deed of the house he agreed that he is in a put me on the Joint banking account. He agreed to numerous of things and asked me sign his retirement so he can buy a motorcycle and once I said no he became Angry. Told me to leave the house but I couldn't take the kids I pushed him out of my face, he pressed assault charges he's got primary custody. I give him his retirement, he will give me my babies

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not an immigration question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.



I was simply asking about after 10 Years of marriage and 2 years in a custody case, if I leave his retirement alone I get physical custody, I would like to know who or where besides my lawyer asking for his expense to earn statement, filed a motion to compel.



As bring military I atleast have the right to know before I give him what he wants do my children can reside with me


This is not an immigration attorney. You need to consult with a family attorney that specializes in military law cases.


Not an immigration question even though it was placed in the immigration practice area and tagged as an immigration question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You need a family law attorney. If you are still here in Hawaii, you can contact one here to start protecting your rights.

The information provided in this answer is intended to be preliminary and informational ONLY. It is not legal advice for your jurisdiction nor may it be relied upon as such. The posting of this informational answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer