I have been maried to my wife for 2 and half years.

Asked about 1 year ago - Akron, OH

we file file for me to get a green card back in Columbus then move to Akron, the case was transferred to the Cleveland office we came for a second interview over there. the officers from that office have been to my apartment but still did not hear anything from them. what can i do?

1. William J Quirk

Pro

9

Answered . You should go onto the USCIS website and schedule an INFOPASS appointment at the Cleveland USCIS office. There, you can speak with an officer and they can inquire about what is going on with your case, and why there is a delay.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

2. Joshua L. Goldstein

9

Answered . I agree that INFOPASS is a good idea. But you really need an immigration lawyer. Such cases don't typically take 2.5+ years. And if ICE agents came to your house, it's possible that your marriage-based case was referred to a fraud unit.

Josh

_______________________________________________
    Joshua Goldstein, Esq

Immigration & Nationality Lawyers

Law Offices of Joshua L Goldstein, PC
    6 Beacon Street, # 220
    Boston, Massachusetts 02108
    Email: josh@jgoldlaw.com
    Tel: 617.722.0005
    Fax: 617.722.0015
    URL: www.jgoldlaw.com
    Blog: www.massachusettsimmigrationlawyerblog.com
    Twitter: twitter.com/attyimmigration
    Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/immigrationjoshuagoldstein
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Immigration.Visa.Lawyer

3. Mayra L. Calo

8

Answered . you can also hire an attorney who can make official inquiries through other channels to get you and answer on your case. An attorney can review your case to see if everything has been filed correctly or not that may have caused a delay.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

8

Answered . The fact that you had 2 interviews and that the officer visited your house leads me to strongly encourage you to hire an immigration attorney. You can also make an infopass appointment.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

7

Answered . Nothing at this point, just wait if the USCIS makes a decisions or requests further or additional evidence of bona fides.
    In my experience some cases, especially if submitted pro se, without counsel, trigger closer scrutiny, if something is amiss, not properly presented and explained.
    It is very advisable to have an immigration counsel for such adjustments because you have to do it right only once.

6. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . You may make an infopass appointment and inquire into the status of your matter OR retain legal counsel to bring the matter to closure.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com
    Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

7. Janeita Lynn Lentz

3

Answered . How long has it been since the immigration officers from Cleveland came to your house? If it hasn't been very long, it's possible you may just need to wait a little longer. Please check with an immigration attorney in your area.