I have been living in the state of Florida, I got a juror subpoena in the state of New York. What can I do?

Asked 6 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

According to the letter I would have to either pay $1,000 and or imprisonment, and I it says I only have 10 days with the date 03/31/2014. I will not be able to make it at all I have a job that I'm still within my probationary period. What can I do? I need help ASAP!!! Do I have to go to New YORK or can I resolve in here in Florida?

1. Alan Sanders Richard

1

Best Answer

Answered . You wrote that you "been living in the in the state of Florida." Have you relocated permanently, or at least indefinitely? If so, you are no longer a New York resident. There should be a contact number on your juror summons. call that number. The follow up by sending the court a photocopy of your Florida Driver's license and Florida voter registration card. You will be excused from jury duty in New York.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Contact an attorney. You have not provided enough information to give a definite answer. And you do need Legal Advice.