I have been in a hit and run and received a notice that I must contact them. Shall I say it was not me driving?

Fort Wayne, IN |

They have no proof that it was me driving. I was thinking that I would tell them that I was sleeping and many people drive my car daily. I do have full-coverage insurance and am willing to make restitution.

1. Do not post additional facts on this public forum. Instead, immediately consult a local attorney to discuss this matter IN PRIVATE.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

2. Hire a traffic attorney, immediately. As my colleague has told you , NEVER make an admission in a public forum.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

3. If I were you, I would post nothing else. Call Pat Arata immediately to discuss what happened. After checking with Pat, call your insurance company to give them notice of a potential claim.