I have been in a domestic partnership for 10 years it's ending what should I do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Palm Desert, CA

My domestic partner and I commingled money in real estate venture without any paperwork .The relationship is ending and now it's a horable mess. What path should I take.Preferably not hostile. The property is in her name not mine.

1. Hillary Johns

Answered . You're smart to keep this friendly. Are you registered domestic partners? If you are, you can file a petition for dissolution. There are several excellent lawyers on Avvo. Hire one to advise you as to how to proceed.

2. Edna Carroll Straus

Answered . How you do this is you hire a lawyer MEDIATOR --or collaborative lawyers.. Frankly I'd use Divorcenet NOT Avvo. You may also need a Certified Divorce Financial analyst. See link below.