I have been in 5 accidents this year 4 were not my fault. This last accident is my fault. Can I claim lost wages for time missed

Buffalo, NY |

I was in 5 accidents this year,2 hit and runs 1 rear end collision resulting in an injury to my daughters back, and 2 front end collisions, One accident resulted in a law suit against the company for defective tires, and the other one due to my car accelerating for no unknown reason resulting in a rear end collision. My car was totaled, can I claim lost wages from my job because I have missed a few days from work because of being sore and in pain from all these accidents. I did return to work 1 day, but was unable to go back. I am unsure of what to do because I can't afford to go to a doctor to obtain treatment.

1. A personal injury lawyer can pursue claims for compensation to which you are entitled. Search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a personal injury lawyer in your city. Good luck and feel better.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. Regardless of who is at fault, you would be entitled to No Fault benefits. No Fault benefits are provided by the insurance company of the vehicle you were in and can include medical expenses, lost wages (or a portion thereof) and various other benefits. If you need medical treatment, No Fault is the primary source I insurance coverage. However, you must file an application for No Fault benefits within 30 days of the accident. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

3. This might be an infamous record. Speak with you attorney.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

4. You are entitled to medical treatment and lost wages under the no-fault provision of your motor vehicle insurance policy. Let you lawyer know what it going on as this could impact your pending case.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

5. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. You can access my Legal Guides through my profile page.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

6. You may be able to. But a personal injury attorney locally will need to advise you.

Tim

7. You are entitled to benefits based on the vehicle you were traveling in at the time of the accident regardless of fault. There are certain time frames applicable to notice to ensure you get benefits. I am available for a free consultation in my office or your home to discuss further.

8. The short answer is yes. Fault is not considered wrt no fault benefits. Hence the nomenclature.