I have been harrass by a person that falsely accussed me of assualt charge añd Have a warrant what Can I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

What do I do now

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mark Jon Wieczorek

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It seems as though there was enough evidence to file a formal complaint. You need to hire an attorney and they will advise you what to do. Keep in mind, if you have an open warrant for your arrest, you are a "wanted" criminal and will mostly likely be arrested upon any contact with law enforcement.

  2. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have a warrant the best thing to do is to hire an attorney who can work to get the warrant recalled. If you do not take this approach you risk getting picked up on the warrant and having to fight the case from jail.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone (24/7)

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your narrative lacks certain facts that may assist in fully understanding your particular predicament, yet, at the vey least, select a local Ohio licensed criminal counsel and discuss your recent experience with that professional for a more accurate assessment how to proceed next.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics

Arrest warrant for criminal charges

A court grants an arrest warrant to allow law enforcement to arrest a certain named person on sight, without having to have other probable cause.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,344 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,344 answers this week

3,392 attorneys answering