Skip to main content

I have been harassed and defamed, for 2 years, since moving back to Denver. Attorney advise as to how to proceed & stop this.

Denver, CO |

I have no criminal record. I have been harassed since my spouse passed away 8 yrs ago. It has gotten worse for me since returning to Denver, Oct. 2011. My reputation has been ruined because of the trouble this has caused me. I am unable to find a job due to defamation of my character, to the point I am treated like I am going to harm children! When I take walks, an airplane follows and tracks me, when I walk to the apt. complex for my mail, or to the apt. office to do business- When I go to the store, I am watched by local police. This has been going on since I returned 2 yrs ago. I definitely feel like I am harassed for no apparent reason! There is something amiss here, and I feel it! I very well know what the plane looks like--and I need to get to the main source of this nightmare!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You may want to get treated by a doctor, as paranoid schizophrenia is a serious condition.

  2. You are probably delusional and need therapy. Most people simply aren't interesting enough for anyone to stalk them from an airplane. Unless you are a heir to a giant fortune, a Russian spy, or a major drug kingpin, it is unlikely that anyone cares enough to follow you everywhere you go by airplane (if you are one of these things, then you definitely need a lawyer).

    However, if there is actually an airplane following you, you need to either find out who is flying the airplane or just ignore it. If you know who is following you (and spending thousands and thousands of dollars in aviation fuel to do so) then you can start trying to determine what you can do about it. Otherwise, there isn't much that an airplane can do to you from thousands of feet in the sky so you should just ignore it.

    As for the "defamation of your character", again you need to know who you believe has defamed you, what exactly they said, and who they said it to in order to have any sort of legal recourse. If you know these things, you may want to sit down with an attorney. If you do not know these details, then you need to consider whether what you are dealing with is actually real.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

  3. THis may be more of a mental health issue than a legal issue. I suggest that you speak with your physician about some testing and mental health assistance.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at