I have been going to court for 21 months for a dwi my lawyer tells me it's the court but I think it's the lawyer can you tell me

Asked over 1 year ago - Shirley, NY

Accident hit a pole passed out had prescription with me

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

9

Answered . Unless the open charge is preventing you from employment opportunities, I'd be less concerned with the time its taking to resolve, than the results being achieved. Is the lawyer able to give you an idea of what's on the table.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

7

Answered . It can easily take that long.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

6

Answered . In addition to the prior responders, you have the right to consult with another lawyer if you are not happy with yur current one.

4. Scott Evan Gross

Pro

5

Answered . It all depends. That's certainly a long time. Are you waiting for a trial.

Scott Gross
    516-662-7995

5. Richard C. Southard

Pro

4

Answered . The question is impossible to answer meaningfully without knowing what specifically happened during each of the court appearances during those 21 months.

6. Darryl Wayne Genis

4

Answered . You are entitled to a copy of your file. You can also view the docket of the court file. The answer is certain to be there. However, it is a sad state of affairs if you don't trust the word of your lawyer. You should attempt to reconcile the distrust and mend the attorney client releationship. If you cannot trust your attorney, then you should change lawyers to one you can trust and have faith in.