Skip to main content

I have been going to court for 21 months for a dwi my lawyer tells me it's the court but I think it's the lawyer can you tell me

Shirley, NY |

Accident hit a pole passed out had prescription with me

Attorney Answers 6

  1. It all depends. That's certainly a long time. Are you waiting for a trial.

    Scott Gross

    This is not a solicitation nor is it legal advice. An attorney/client relationship has not been established. The Law Offices of Scott Gross, PC 631-456-2326

  2. Unless the open charge is preventing you from employment opportunities, I'd be less concerned with the time its taking to resolve, than the results being achieved. Is the lawyer able to give you an idea of what's on the table.

    If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

  3. It can easily take that long.

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  4. In addition to the prior responders, you have the right to consult with another lawyer if you are not happy with yur current one.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

  5. The question is impossible to answer meaningfully without knowing what specifically happened during each of the court appearances during those 21 months.

    All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.

  6. You are entitled to a copy of your file. You can also view the docket of the court file. The answer is certain to be there. However, it is a sad state of affairs if you don't trust the word of your lawyer. You should attempt to reconcile the distrust and mend the attorney client releationship. If you cannot trust your attorney, then you should change lawyers to one you can trust and have faith in.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics