I have been fighting my lawsuit since may 1 2010 I was offered 7, 500 two yrs ago now I have another settlement sitdown on the11

Asked 7 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

My neck arm and lower back was hurt I went threw manipulation under anesthesia 3 times
And where ready for trial I be lieve so the insurance wants to give another offer do you know how much and if its gonna be more? Furthermore my lawyer said where going for pain and suffering medical bills so he has to put a package together for the 11th should I be happy

1. Richard Todd Rosenstein

10

Answered . You are represented by counsel. Your own lawyer is in the best position to answer your questions since he/she has access to the pertinent facts of your case and all of your medical information. An open line of communication between an attorney and client is an important factor in the successful prosecution of any case.

Pro

9

Answered . None of the lawyers on here would have any idea about the facts of your case or what's in the mind of the insurance guy. Your lawyer is the only person who would be able to advise you, so best bet is to give him a call...after all, you're paying him.

3. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

8

Answered . Why are you second guessing your attorney? This matter has been going on for more than 3 years (presumably with your attorney representing you) and you think attorneys who know nothing about your case can tell you what the case is worth? Talk to your attorney.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . You need to thoroughly discuss this with your attorney. Have him or her explain to you why they believe the case is worth a certain value. Ask questions and make sure the logic makes sense to you. If it sounds reasonable and it feels like the attorney is trying to get YOU the most money possible without risking getting you far less then follow their lead. The good news is that if the case is in Brooklyn, then the amount that you are offered should be more than in other areas of NY/LI.

5. Yefim Rubinov

4

Answered . I'm interested to know the name of the insurance company you are dealing with

6. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

4

Answered . You should consult with your lawyer and find out exactly what will be demanded and why. As a client you should feel comfortable to openly ask your attorney anything.

7. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

4

Answered . Happy? You should be speaking with your attorney. He is in the best position to advise you.. Call him to set up a face-to-face meeting to discuss the upcoming settlement negotiations.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  8. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

1

Answered . The settlement offer is normally based on whether there is sufficient facts to sustain liability against the defendant, the extent of your injuries, the venue of your case, lost earnings you may have suffered, permanent physical effects of the injury along with many other minor factors. Your attorney should let you know what the range of likely settlement value would be so you can judge if the settlement offer is fair. Good luck with it.