I have been falsley accused of rape, i have not been charged officaly but my car was taken what can i do

Asked over 4 years ago - Rock Springs, WY

i was falsley accused of raping a girl at a party knocking her to the ground outside and then unconscious and she claims to have woken up with her pants around her ankle, yet fifteen minutes later she was hugging on me for an hour before she left the party, the next day i was accused of raping her and told by the police she had severe injuries to her. while everyone at the party saw her leave on her own without so much as a scratch onher i have not been officialy charged but the police have taken my car to process it for evidence it has been five days i tried to get it back and they told me they havent looked at it yet, what should i do at this point?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Steven Alan Fink

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Hire a criminal attorney, give him or her the names of the witnesses, see if anyone took pictures at the party (check their Facebook posts) and wait.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

  2. Deirdre Lynn O'Connor

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Don't talk to the police under any circumstances! They have no interest in helping you. Do your research and hire a reputable criminal defense trial lawyer right away. Contact your local innocence project to get recommendations for a very good trial lawyer.

    The Rocky Mountain Innocence Center
    358 South 700 East, B235
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102

    Find one that will immediately start a thorough investigation, which may include gathering text messages and other evidence that will be lost in a short period of time. You need someone who has successfully defended innocent people, who were falsely accused of rape at trial. Do not post any more details online! Check out the link below for additional ways to protect yourself.

    Good luck,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering