I have been falsely accused of something by someone on my job what do I need to do?

Asked 11 months ago - Huntsville, AL

An email was sent to my Project Manager that there was a confrontation with me and another individual but his was not the case. There was three of us present and no one stated any of this so I believe this is coming from someone or somewhere else.

Pro

5

Answered . Discuss it with the HR dept

2. Randy William Ferguson

1

Answered . Unsure what actually happened to you. Feel free to call me in Huntsville if you have a question.

3. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

2

Answered . You need to provide additional facts for any attorney to provide you with accurate information about your case.

4. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Just chill and wait and see what develops. Not every complaint or remark will support a legal claim or action. There is nothing about the statement you report that would support a claim for defamation against anyone, nor any claim for employer misconduct.

Sometimes people make statements that are wrong, or are exaggerated or mistaken in some respect because of the subjectivity of their perspective. That doesn't make the statement defamation, and it doesn't make the statement compensable. What is more, the employer is not required by law to believe you, even in the absence of proof. Don't make more of this than it is.

5. Scott Douglas Camassar

Answered . Not clear from the limited info provided whether you have a viable defamation claim.