I have been extorted into committing insurance fraud.

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendora, CA

A male friend began to rent part of my house. He paid about one months rent in the beginning. And I was willing to help him out and lend him money. We only had a verbal rental agreement. He broke many promises to pay me back. As I resisted giving him more he demanded. Until he had a plan to commit insurance fraud. I now realize he planned all along that I would be committing the felony. When I tried to stay out of it he threatened to kill me which he now denies of course. He kept demanding money or else he would turn me in. I got to where I had no money to give any more, I am in huge dept. I plan to turn myself in. Is there any hope for me? He is clever and records conversations, keeping what is incriminating of me and discarding any that incriminate him. I have no record.

1. Jesse Paul Duran

3

Answered . First and foremost, stop posting details on any website, and further, do not discuss any facts of this case with anyone other than an attorney. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney, who will require additional information from you, and then formulate a plan and a defense on your behalf.

Ideally, you should contact an attorney who has handled these types of cases in the past. Best of luck to you.

2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

3

Answered . What a bind to be in! You are going to definitely have to face the facts, but more importantly you should first speak to an attorney in detail about this prior to making any decisions.

Elliot Zarabi
    www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com
    213-612-7720

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . You are in serious trouble and need an advocate on your side. I strongly encourage you to meet with a few attorneys before you turn yourself in because you may find that you will be holding the bag and you alone. You have been setup in a carefully planned crime. You need assistance in doing this right. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    for Fairness / for Your Freedom
    (800) 409-7010

4. Aalok Sikand

2

Answered . Wow. I am really sorry to hear this. You need to get this guy out of your house, first of all. Consider filing an unlawful detainer action against him pronto. I would need to know more to discuss the insurance fraud with you. You should not post anything incriminating on this site. Talk to one of us confidentially instead. Good luck.

5. Dan Eugene Chambers

2

Answered . My colleagues are right. You need good counsel, and fast. Take action now.

6. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

2

Answered . As I understand you have not yet been charged with a crime nor are you necessarily being investigated for a crime. You "believe" you may have committed insurance fraud but you are not a lawyer and don't know what constitutes a crime. Stop posting here or anywhere else and run don't walk to a good criminal defense attorney. You may be completely innocent, you may have viable defenses. Stay calm and let an aggressive attorney be your mouthpiece. Don't talk to anyone - friends, enemies, family, colleagues or this maniac tenant about this - speak only to an attorney in private. Good luck