I have been divroced for a year and a half.

Sturbridge, MA |

In /state of Mass. the divroce decree stated that he was suppose to pay me $400.00 a month for three years, pay for my dogs doggie day care and pay all charge cards and school loans. I called all charge cards and got my name dropped except home depot would not do it. He never paid the $400, or the doggie day care. Now he is filing bankrupsey and I just checked my credit score and he has never paid the home depot bill and it is showing up on my credit report. Can I go to divroce court since he is in contempt of court and hold up his bankrupsey till he pays off the home depot bill? His ex wife has money infact they had a big wedding and went on a big vacation.

1. Additional facts are needed: You are an unsecured creditor in his bankruptcy but if the payments he was supposed to make are in the nature of alimony - the debt cannot be discharged in bankruptcy. Regardless of where the payments fall, you probably should be filing a complaint for modification to either amend an exisiting alimony order or create a new one so that you recevie the income the court decreed you entitled.

2. You should consult a lawyer some parts of the court order may not be dischargeable in bankruptcy.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

3. Some more specifics are needed, but if parts of the order are support based then those financial obligations can't be discharged. I would file a contempt and modiciation.