Skip to main content

I have been divorced 5 years im struggling financialy can I go back and get alamony from my ex we were married 26 years

Parowan, UT |
Filed under: Divorce

My ex had been chesting on me he was physicaly and mentaly abusive. I didn't go for alamony at the time of divorce as we live in the same town and he threatened me

Attorney Answers 2


You definitely need a good divorce attorney. With that length of marriage, the courts will usually give alimony. However, a divorce attorney will be able to give you the odds on the courts changing the decree 5 years later.

This is not legal advice. Even if it were, fee legal advice is worth what you pay for it. The facts of every case are different and should be addressed by a competent attorney who has all of the facts.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You should contact a divorce attorney in your area,and bring copies of any settlement agreement or decree that was entered in your divorce. Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics