I have been divorced 5 years im struggling financialy can I go back and get alamony from my ex we were married 26 years

Asked over 1 year ago - Parowan, UT

My ex had been chesting on me he was physicaly and mentaly abusive. I didn't go for alamony at the time of divorce as we live in the same town and he threatened me

1. Randall B. Bateman

2

Answered . You definitely need a good divorce attorney. With that length of marriage, the courts will usually give alimony. However, a divorce attorney will be able to give you the odds on the courts changing the decree 5 years later.

2. Rebecca Lynne Melone

Answered . You should contact a divorce attorney in your area,and bring copies of any settlement agreement or decree that was entered in your divorce. Good luck.