Skip to main content

I have been diagnosed with mild m r and I live in a group home. I want to talk to my group home manager about consensual sex.

San Angelo, TX |

I am a very smart person i don't have any diseases and I am not on any meds, but i have been diagnosed with mild m r. I want to talk to my home manager about engaging in consensual sex with him, but before i approach him, I want to make sure neither of us will be in any legal trouble.

Attorney Answers 2


With the additional facts you have provided, this is a very bad idea. It can be alleged that your group home manager has power over you and so has coerced you. Some jealous person can make an issue of this and create a considerable problem. If you have feelings for this person, wait until your living arrangement or his employment change so that you are not in relationship where abuse of power could be an issue.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You do not say how old you are, but even if you are an adult, in Texas it is ILLEGAL for your group home manager to engage sexually with someone under his care in a group home. He could get in BIG trouble and even could end up as a registered sex offender. Please be the smart person you are and build a healthy relationship with someone who is not in position of authority over you. The group home manager is not an option.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Child abuse topics

Recommended articles about Child abuse

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics