I HAVE BEEN DENIED BY IRS THAT I CAN NOT GET THE ADOPTION CREDIT FOR ADOPTING MY DISABLED GRANDDAUGHTER.

El Paso, TX |

IRS IS TELLING ME THAT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PROOF TO PROVE THAT MY ADOPTED DAUGHTER IS DISABLED EVEN THOUGHT I HAVE MEDICAL RECORDS, STATE WHERE I ADOPTED HER STATING SHE WAS DISABLED WHEN SHE WAS UNDER THEIR CARE, SHE HAS DANDY WALKER MALFORMATION SYMDROME WHICH IS GENETIC. I HAVE MEDICAL RECORDS FROM DOCTORS HERE IN EL PASO, TX ALSO, NOW THEY HAVE DENIED ME THE ADOPTION CREDIT EVEN THOUGH I CAN NOT FIND IN THE LAW WHERE IT SAYS THE CHILD HAS TO BE DISABLED TO RECEIVE THE ADOPTION CREDIT.

1. You should contact a tax attorney for assistance. This can be a difficult issue to resolve.

info@cttaxhelp.com Office number: (860) 255-7423 Website: www.cttaxhelp.com. Our reply to your question has not created an attorney-client relationship. It should not be considered legal advice. You should contact an Attorney who can give you legal advice after acquainting themselves with the specifics of your case.

2. From the information you have provided, it appears you qualify for the adoption credit, and that your adopted daughter qualifies as a dependent. Possibly you did not provide all the necessary documents to the IRS for them to make a correct determination, or the IRS made a mistake in their determination, or perhaps the actual facts according to the documentation are different from what you believe they mean. You probably ought to consult with a tax attorney who can review your facts and your documentation and help you to get a correct result.

This information is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be relied upon as legal advice. You should consult with an attorney with full disclosure of all facts and opportunity to consider all or alternative options.

Child adoption topics