I HAVE BEEN DENIED BY IRS THAT I CAN NOT GET THE ADOPTION CREDIT FOR ADOPTING MY DISABLED GRANDDAUGHTER.

Asked about 1 year ago - El Paso, TX

IRS IS TELLING ME THAT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PROOF TO PROVE THAT MY ADOPTED DAUGHTER IS DISABLED EVEN THOUGHT I HAVE MEDICAL RECORDS, STATE WHERE I ADOPTED HER STATING SHE WAS DISABLED WHEN SHE WAS UNDER THEIR CARE, SHE HAS DANDY WALKER MALFORMATION SYMDROME WHICH IS GENETIC. I HAVE MEDICAL RECORDS FROM DOCTORS HERE IN EL PASO, TX ALSO, NOW THEY HAVE DENIED ME THE ADOPTION CREDIT EVEN THOUGH I CAN NOT FIND IN THE LAW WHERE IT SAYS THE CHILD HAS TO BE DISABLED TO RECEIVE THE ADOPTION CREDIT.

1. Everett R. Buck

Pro

3

Answered . From the information you have provided, it appears you qualify for the adoption credit, and that your adopted daughter qualifies as a dependent. Possibly you did not provide all the necessary documents to the IRS for them to make a correct determination, or the IRS made a mistake in their determination, or perhaps the actual facts according to the documentation are different from what you believe they mean. You probably ought to consult with a tax attorney who can review your facts and your documentation and help you to get a correct result.

2. Linda Simmons Campbell

Pro

2

Answered . You should contact a tax attorney for assistance. This can be a difficult issue to resolve.