I have been dealing with a malicious employer since 2009. Stunting personal and professional growth.

Several things: 1. For a little over 2 years now, I have been asking my manager for a raise. Within that time frame, I had also been borrowing from my manager. I would end up borrowing so much that the following During this time she also hired at least 4 other people, who now work at the same store. 2. Incident with my wearing a scarf. Told I couldn't wear it, though I didn't have the money to get anything done with my African American hair and need travel money for school and work. Contacted Union after being told I would eventually be taken off of schedule. Issue disappeared when Union rep spoke to her. Other issues, and also currently homeless as a result of her repeated malicious actions that have disadvantaged me professionally.

Bronx, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I don't see any legal claims. You are free to look for another job.

Sponsored Listing
Vincent Peter White

Vincent Peter White

Employment / Labor Attorney - Jackson Heights, NY

I would suggest finding a better job. If comments were made about your hair that relate to your race or national origin, then you may have a viable claim.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Social Security Lawyers - Twin Falls, ID

At the risk of sounding uncaring, these are not employment issues subject to legal regulation. As a general rule the employment relationship is a voluntary one and an employee's right upon denial of a raise or required to dress a certain way is to work elsewhere. Where a union is involved, some rights may be a matter of the union contract and enforceable through the union.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.