I have been dealing with a malicious employer since 2009. Stunting personal and professional growth.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

Several things:
1. For a little over 2 years now, I have been asking my manager for a raise. Within that time frame, I had also been borrowing from my manager. I would end up borrowing so much that the following During this time she also hired at least 4 other people, who now work at the same store.
2. Incident with my wearing a scarf. Told I couldn't wear it, though I didn't have the money to get anything done with my African American hair and need travel money for school and work. Contacted Union after being told I would eventually be taken off of schedule. Issue disappeared when Union rep spoke to her.
Other issues, and also currently homeless as a result of her repeated malicious actions that have disadvantaged me professionally.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . I don't see any legal claims. You are free to look for another job.

2. Vincent Peter White

Answered . I would suggest finding a better job. If comments were made about your hair that relate to your race or national origin, then you may have a viable claim.

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

Answered . At the risk of sounding uncaring, these are not employment issues subject to legal regulation. As a general rule the employment relationship is a voluntary one and an employee's right upon denial of a raise or required to dress a certain way is to work elsewhere. Where a union is involved, some rights may be a matter of the union contract and enforceable through the union.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.