Skip to main content

I have been charged with theft by unlawful taking 2nd offense can i stay out of jail, and pay fine probation anything

Glasgow, KY |

i have been charged with theft by unlawful taking 514.030 code 23039 and signed myself out 500 unsecured bond. but i had a charge 03 24 11the same but 250 bond and went to court and got a fine.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If that's the outcome you want, you need to hire a criminal defense attorney. It's always possible that you can avoid going to jail. It's a question of what your lawyer can get the prosecutor to bite on.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Theft By Unlawful Taking is a felony or misdemeanor depending on the value: over or under $500.00. You need a competent criminal defense attorney to represent you especially if this is your second offense within 2 years.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics