I have been charged with theft by unlawful taking 2nd offense can i stay out of jail, and pay fine probation anything

Asked about 2 years ago - Glasgow, KY

i have been charged with theft by unlawful taking 514.030 code 23039 and signed myself out 500 unsecured bond. but i had a charge 03 24 11the same but 250 bond and went to court and got a fine.

1. Answered . Theft By Unlawful Taking is a felony or misdemeanor depending on the value: over or under $500.00. You need a competent criminal defense attorney to represent you especially if this is your second offense within 2 years.

2. 1

Answered . If that's the outcome you want, you need to hire a criminal defense attorney. It's always possible that you can avoid going to jail. It's a question of what your lawyer can get the prosecutor to bite on.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.