I have been charged with simple assault , terroristic threats , harassment . What are my options ?

Harrisburg, PA |

I was accused by a man and his son / friend that on a local highway I had pointed a wean at them and told them to pull over . Prior to this I believe I had accidentally cut them off merging on to the highway . They pulled up close to the rear of my car and lated on the horn . They preceded to pass me , and cut back in front . Trying to avoid the situation I pulled into the right lane passed them . they again passed me on the right , I put down my window , the driver and his passenger were pointing and cursing . It was pitch dark and I could barely make out what they were saying . I yelled f u back and they continued on . I was pulled over shortly after claiming i pointed a gun and threatened . I did have a air gun in the car and of course the cop didn't believe me . I have no idea what to do to prove me .

The two things that you must do is stop posting information on line and retaining an experienced criminal defense attorney. This is a serious allegation so you need to hire a lawyer immediately. Good luck.

Short answer, get a lawyer and go over your options with him/her. Discuss the facts such as "pitch dark"... what could you see, what could they see, etc. These are are serious charges.

First, I recommend not posting any more information about the case on the internet. You should contact an experienced criminal attorney and discuss your options privately. You are lucky they did not charge you with a weapons violation. Good Luck.

The advice you have received from my colleagues is on point: 1) you should not discuss any additional facts in this public forum, as they are not confidential; and, 2) You should immediately seek a consultation with an experienced cirminal defense attorney that practices in the geographic area where you have been charged.

Additionally, there has been a concensus concerning the gravity of the offenses you face. By their very nature, they are serious charges. The fact that you are accused of facilitating the crimes by the use of a gun further increases the consequences you could face.

Criminal charges arising from alleged "road rage" incidents are becoming more prevalent. Based on the tone of your synopsis above, you are already experiencing the stigmatizing effects of such accusations. As a result, it should make clear the importance of regaining control of the context and circumstances surrounding the incident. To that end, it is imperative that your attorney has the ability to take control of it at the earliest possible stage beginning with your preliminary hearing.

Like me, many attorneys in the area offer free initial phone consultations. You should immediately contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer.

The information provided herein neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor should it be used or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Communications made in open forums are neither made in a confidential setting nor protected by the attorney-client privilege. You should consult directly with an attorney to obtain a full evaluation of your case.