I have been charged with mist.charges in dist. court.all criminal ch. dismissed.search war. thrown out.still have civil case pen

Wilson, NC |

I want to file civil case against the sheriff's dept. and the org. that has the civil caste pending that I hope to win soon.This case has cost me to lose my biz. rep. and 100.000 in inventory loss of future income. Pain and suffering for my childern ect. Cant find a civil atty. to take case on % want to rep. myself on civil action to recover my loses .Need to know how to file and proceed.PLEASE HELP.

1. Typically you will need to speak to a civil attorney who does not practice in your area. Many attorneys will not have any desire to file charges against the sheriff's office or one of their employees. Start calling some firms outside of your area to see if they would be interested in pursuing the case. Good luck.

Any advice given does not enter the Attorney and person asking the question into any privileged relationship.

2. No civil lawyer in his right mind would take a case like this on contingency. The level of proof you need to show to prove malicious prosecution is so high that the chances of successfully pursuing a civil case are too low for an attorney to invest the hundreds of hours of time/effort for no payoff.

<a href="http://www.chetson.com">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> Damon Chetson represents people in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, and the rest of Wake County, North Carolina. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as the specific facts may change the potential advice. Consult with a licensed <a href="http://www.chetson.net">Raleigh criminal lawyer</a> or attorney in your jurisdiction about your legal question or problem. For a free consultation about a North Carolina case, call (919) 352-9411 day or night, any day of the week.