I have been charged with grand larceny and I'm wondering If there would be a chance that my charged would be amended.

Asked about 1 year ago - Virginia Beach, VA

I have no priors and this is my first charge ever. I've never even had a speeding ticket.

1. Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

Pro

3

Answered . There is a chance but it depends on a lot of factors. You need a local attorney and I am happy to help.

2. James Edward Short

Pro

3

Answered . There is a possibilty that the prosecutor would be willing to offer a plea to a lesser charge. This would depend on a number of factors such as the facts of the case and the value of the items that were taken. I recommend that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss the merits of your case. I would be happy to set up a consultation.

3. Frank Mascagni III

4

Answered . You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP to represent you. I assume this is a felony in VA. If so, and it is your first offense, there may be some time of diversion program option available to you. Get an experienced criminal defense attorney to advise you.

4. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

Answered . Until I have information otherwise, I generally assume there is a possibility for a more favorable result. There is a difference in possibility and probability. A lack of a record and, if possible, restitution can be favorable factors. However, unless you just intend to walk into court and accept whatever the court and prosecutor want, you need counsel.

5. Kevin Duane Frank

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, there may be a chance but the likelihood of it being reduced depends on the facts of your case. Regardless of whether this charge may be reduced, you need to consult with a local attorney and have representation in this matter. You can contact me to set up a free consultation.

6. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . Perhaps instead of being concerned if the charge can be amended you should consult with a local criminal attorney to investigate the facts of your case to determine if a valid defense to the charge might exist - only then would you even need to move to the next stage of the proceedings.