Skip to main content

I have been charged with child sexual assault, a crime I did not commit, by a malicious and unethical mother.

Astoria, NY |

This woman needs to promote this dangerous lie in order to obtain permanent residency in Australia (she is a foreign national). Even though it is all a pack of lies I have been arrested, bailed out of custody, reporting to police every second day, and being ostracised and harassed by my local community. It could take 12-months to clear my name. A women's refuge group is supporting the lying mother. What should I do? How do I protect myself from these vile and disgusting lies?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should discuss the situation with your criminal lawyer - if you don't have one, get one. There is no way to protect yourself from a false report - but there are ways to fight once the false reports are made.


This is a very difficult issue to fight without counsel. You would benefit from reading about parental alienation.

The questioner might find some of my legal guides helpful:
My legal guides on law in general and about attorneys

• Is it Legal? Is it Illegal?
• Selecting and Hiring a Lawyer
• Understanding the Different Court Systems
• Limits on a Lawyer's License: What the Attorney Can and Cannot Do
٠An Introduction to Legal Terms used in Litigation
My legal guides on personal law
Divorce in General and How It's Handled in New Jersey (Some of this concerns unmarried

Child Abduction and International Law

Parental Alienation Syndrome: An Introduction
٠ New York State Case Law on Parental Alienation Syndrome
● Parental Alienation: NJ Slowly Opens the Door

For additional contact: see Mr. Sarno’s avvo profile or his website:
My partner James DeFelice practices family law in Queens, you can get his contact information from his avvo profile or from our website.

Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about this issue.


Hire the very best, most experienced local defense attorney you can.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer