I have been charged with a class C misdemeanor for assault to family member in TX. I slapped my boyfriend across the face. He

Asked over 1 year ago - Mckinney, TX

has a bruise and did not go to the hospital. I was released on bail. He filed an order of protection against me. I have no previous criminal history of any kind. What is likely to happen to me?

Sorry, it is a class A misdemeanor.

1. M. Todd Miller

4

Answered . I encourage you to discuss this in private with experienced legal counsel in your area rather than admit to the crime on the internet. With good counsel, anything is possible.

2. Larry Dean Bloomquist

Pro

2

Answered . A class A misdemeanor is punishable by 0 to 365 days in the County Jail and a fine of up to $ 4,000.00. The fact that you have no criminal history is good and helps. It is unlikely that you would get jail time and would be eligible for deferred adjudication which is a type of probation that allows you to avoid a final conviction. First you need to hire a good attorney that will evaluate your case and the evidence they have against you. You may have a good defense. Second if you do not have a good defense your attorney will help get you the best deal possible. Good Luck.

3. Richard Timothy Jones

2

Answered . You shouldn't admit to a crime on the Internet. You could be facing up to a year in jail or up to two years of probation. This is a very serious offense and you should start family violence counseling as soon as possible.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin Family Violence