I have been charged with 4573PC,11350(A)HS,647(F)PC in Torrance CA

San Pedro, CA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

I was a passenger in a car in the parking lot of a bar and the police asked me out of the car.I had been drinking they arrested me and at the jail they found two moriphine tablets my father had given for my shoulder I injured in the Marine Corps.the weather has been cold and damp and it was hurting.

1. It goes without saying that you'll absolutely need an attorney.

The first issue is why they got you out if the car and how they searched you. If you were able to care for your own safety and weren't passed out, for example, you may not have been 647(f) to be arrested and searched.

This is going to be fact specific - you may have legal defenses in the arrest/search and/or be eligible for a diversion of some sort.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Please pardon any typos - posted via mobile device.

The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case.

2. You must fight these charges with an attorney . You have a good chance of getting of getting these charges dismissed as the search might not have been valid. You also can possibly get diversion, which would result in a dismissal - if you are eligible . Get an attorney.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

3. Obviously, the search is questionable. Contact a few attorneys for a free consultation to review the matter with you. I wish you the best.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.