I have been charged with 4573PC,11350(A)HS,647(F)PC in Torrance CA

Asked 7 months ago - San Pedro, CA

I was a passenger in a car in the parking lot of a bar and the police asked me out of the car.I had been drinking they arrested me and at the jail they found two moriphine tablets my father had given for my shoulder I injured in the Marine Corps.the weather has been cold and damp and it was hurting.

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

2

1

Answered . It goes without saying that you'll absolutely need an attorney.

The first issue is why they got you out if the car and how they searched you. If you were able to care for your own safety and weren't passed out, for example, you may not have been 647(f) to be arrested and searched.

This is going to be fact specific - you may have legal defenses in the arrest/search and/or be eligible for a diversion of some sort.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Please pardon any typos - posted via mobile device.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

1

Answered . You must fight these charges with an attorney . You have a good chance of getting of getting these charges dismissed as the search might not have been valid. You also can possibly get diversion, which would result in a dismissal - if you are eligible . Get an attorney.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Obviously, the search is questionable. Contact a few attorneys for a free consultation to review the matter with you. I wish you the best.