I have been asked to go to an independent medical exam by my insurance company. My attorney is advising me not to go.What to do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaverton, OR

i was in 2 auto accidents last summer with 8 weeks of eachother. in both cases the other driver was at fault and insured. the other insurance company has taken responsibility. i recieved a concussion in each accident, pinched nerves, extreme back pain/issues and knee issues. i've been recieving treatment and continue to. My insurance company has asked me to take a IME to figure out which injuries are from the first accident and which are from the second. Because i had a 2nd accident so close to eachother i got an attorney and he has advised me not to attend the IME. I am wondering if this is a good idea? thanks

1. Jay Bodzin

5

Answered . It's good that you have an attorney representing you. You should listen to them. There's no way that the advice of a stranger on the internet, who knows no more about your case than whatever you've written here, can be more reliable than advice from someone who has access to all the facts. If you want to, you can consult in private with another attorney for a second opinion, but this site can't be a substitute for that.

Please read the following notice:

Pro

6

Answered . Your attorney would know your situation best.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

4

Answered . Listen to your attorney as they are in a much better position to advise you than we are.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  4. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . Trust your lawyer's advice. If you have concerns, talk to your attorney about your concerns.