I have been asked to go to an independent medical exam by my insurance company. My attorney is advising me not to go.What to do?

Beaverton, OR |

i was in 2 auto accidents last summer with 8 weeks of eachother. in both cases the other driver was at fault and insured. the other insurance company has taken responsibility. i recieved a concussion in each accident, pinched nerves, extreme back pain/issues and knee issues. i've been recieving treatment and continue to. My insurance company has asked me to take a IME to figure out which injuries are from the first accident and which are from the second. Because i had a 2nd accident so close to eachother i got an attorney and he has advised me not to attend the IME. I am wondering if this is a good idea? thanks

1. It's good that you have an attorney representing you. You should listen to them. There's no way that the advice of a stranger on the internet, who knows no more about your case than whatever you've written here, can be more reliable than advice from someone who has access to all the facts. If you want to, you can consult in private with another attorney for a second opinion, but this site can't be a substitute for that.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

2. Your attorney would know your situation best.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Listen to your attorney as they are in a much better position to advise you than we are.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. Trust your lawyer's advice. If you have concerns, talk to your attorney about your concerns.