I have asylum US Travel Document wanted to travel to my country

Asked about 1 year ago - Iowa City, IA

I have my Sudanese Passport but traveling to Sudan for my father passed away

1. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

4

Answered . Don't do it. You can lose your asylum status.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . You should not, not even for your father's funeral. At least wait until you become a US citizen. If you now travel back to the country from which you claimed "persecution" and "fear" in order to obtain asylum, then you may not be readmitted to US and may forever give up this form of immigration relief.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

1

Answered . Very risky proposition but very short and innocent visits may be forgiven. I have had cases when such visits were in fact forgiven but my clients had to go through very tough times on account of their visits to the countries they asked asylum from.

4. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

1

Answered . Contact an immigration attorney to help you.