I have asked the propane company to pick up their tank from my property. Can I charge them storage?

Paulding, OH |

I switched propane companies and asked them to please pick up their tank. They were not happy and the tank is still here. Can I charge storage fees, if so how do I do this legally? Thank you.

They have a reasonable amount of time to pick up the tank, additionally your agreement with them, probably addresses this issue. If after a reasonable period they have not picked it up, then I would provide them notice. I recommend you use the find lawyer tab above to locate an attorney in your area. Many attorneys offer free consultations where you can get an idea of your legal rights. Good Luck.

Nothing herein is intended to create an attorney client relationship and the response is intended to provide generally a broad response to the area posed by the question. Each question is governed by unique facts and no answer provided is intended to specifically answer the question, but is a general overview of the area of law contained in the question.