I have asked for a hearing to correct the record . The transcript has serios errors in it. Does the court make the changes?

Asked about 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

This is for an unlimited civil case. I understand I will get a court date for a hearing. Do the Defendants and myself discuss the errors at the hearing and the Judge rule what can be changed?

1. Neil Pedersen

1

Best Answer

Answered . Discussing your changes with opposing counsel before the hearing and reaching certain agreements about changes may well lead to those changes being made. However, the court must still approve those changes.

Good luck to you.

2. Michael Charles Doland

1

1

Answered . This is your sixth related question. If you try to handle this yourself you have virtually no chance of prevailing. If you are alleging that the court transcript is incorrect, the court could compare his/her notes to the transcript and rule accordingly.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

1

Answered . Please, save yourself from disappointment and wasted effort. The court is not going to make changes in the transcript unless there are errors so obvious as to be unmistakable -- and then it is usually unnecessary to have an order making the changes. You are very likely spinning your wheels here.

Everyone knows that transcripts aren't perfect. But they are what we have, and there is an implicit consensus that we will rely on them. The court system, like everything else in life, relies on the fact that "perfect is the enemy of good."