I have applied for EB 3 ROW...I have the PERM's priority date 23 April 2010, and the I-140's priority date is 23 August 2010 ...

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Which one is the right priority date when filling for I-485? Are there any mistakes there? Am I supposed to have 2 priority dates? What should I do?

1. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Probably the PERM one, but one would need to review the filings to be sure.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . the I-140 priority date should be the same as the PERM. In any way, it is the I-140 priority date that counts.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The I-140 priority date is the proper one. Consult with your company's Immigration Attorney for guidance.