I have an upcoming driving on suspended license court date and I was wondering what I can expect?

Rockville, MD |

In the summer of 2012, I was charged with a DUI (BAC of .079) and I was also told my license was suspended during that time. About a month later, I was pulled over again and charged with driving on a suspended license. In January 2013, I was able to get my license back. In March of 2013, I went to court for my DUI charge ( it was a federal charge) and I received 6 months probation but my driving on a suspended license charge was dismissed. My court date for the second charge of driving on a suspended license is on July 25th. Will my DUI affect what happens in court? Since my license is now valid, is it possible for my charges to be dismissed and no jail time or points on my license?

Possible, but hire a lawyer if you can afford it. A conviction is 12 points and that will get you revoked.

Driving while suspended is a serious charge in Maryland. There's usually two parts to this type of case: a trial, and then an administrative hearing. The DUI is part of your record, and the court will look at that. I've seen second offenses dropped before, but I've also seen people go to jail. I would recommend retaining an attorney to represent you. An attorney can evaluate your case, talk to the prosecutor, and maybe get you some kind of plea deal.

www.mdappeals.com - This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

This is a serious driving charge. Consult a traffic attorney.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

DUI topics