I have an upcoming court in LA county for missing a previous court for driving on a suspended license. What can I expect?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I got a court date 3.5 years ago for driving on a suspended license (DUI Suspension) and missed the court date so I had a $75,000 warrant issued. I recently spent 3 nights in men's central after being picked up (was not driving) and now have my new court date. Should I expect more jail time or just a fine from the Newhall/Santa Clarita court?

Thank you in advance to all!

1. George Fredrick Mueller

Answered . Please do yourself a huge and obvious favor by contacting a quality California DUI criminal defense attorney. Try www.dui-help.com .

By doing so, you can minimize your exposure and find out the reality about jail time, if any.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . By a $75,000 warrant I suppose you mean a warrant with $75,000 bail. The answer depends on why you missed the original court date and why you didn't do anything to clear it up after you missed it. I cannot predict what the judge will do not knowing all the facts but he will certainly not take it kindly that you didn't clear this up before.

3. Lynn Gorelick

Answered . I echo Mr. Mueller's response. Please contact an qualified attorney who understands the law and appears in the Newhall/Santa Clarita court often. You should get information about the current status of your license and what might be done to correct your suspension prior to your court date. Do contact an attorney to represent you on your next court date.