I have an outstanding judgment owed to my ex. Am now requesting child support as I've had no income for 5 years

Asked over 1 year ago - Northridge, CA

Can he withdraw the judgment if I drop the request for support? Can he come after me again if I remarry?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . I'm a bit unclear as to what you are asking. Once judgment is entered it cannot be withdrawn. The pending action cannot be dismissed unless both parties consent. But, I don't think that's what you are asking. Support orders can be modified before and after judgment has been entered when there is a change in circumstances warranting an increase or decrease in support. I don't understand the connection you are trying to make between withdrawing a judgment and a request for support.

Related Topics

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,153 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,153 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering