I have an out of state legal action to which sol is 5 years i mistakenly brought it to NY and thought i had 6 years till i heard

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

order saying wrong state. the sol has run out in the other state. can i still bring it and say "i mistakenly brought the claim in the wrong forum " to toll the sols

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . There is no mistake toll. On what ground was it dismissed and did you file it withi n the other state's 5 yeat sol? If the defense moved to dismiss on forumnon convienens did ask the court to condition dismissal on a wai of the sol? That is what often happens.

2. Bruno Patrick Bianchi

1

Answered . You should also consult with a lawyer licensed to practice in the other state to determine whether or not you have any right to sue any longer.