Skip to main content

I have an order of protection that will be expiring

Chicago, IL |

Can I just go to court and have the order renewed or do I have to go through the entire process all over again, having the other party served by the sheriff in Cook County IL

Attorney Answers 2


If you wish the OP to be extended, go to court on the scheduled date. The Respondent already has notice of the date. You may have to show the judge that you are still in fear.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Is this an Emergency Order, an Interim Order, or a Plenary Order, that will be expiring?

You should work with your attorney. If you don't have one, you should hire one.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics