I have an old loitering charge from 1997 in New Jersey(2C:33-2.1C) ; is this considered a felony or misdemeanor?

Phoenix, AZ |

It has given me issue obtaining a fingerprint clearance card before and I wonder if it will deter my application for an RN license in AZ.

You need to re-post your question in the New Jersey section of avvo.com, and THEN ask us (Arizona attorneys) what the impact will be.

Generally, a felony conviction will bar you from obtaining a license from the Arizona Board of Nursing ("ABON"), and certain misdemeanors are problematic as well (I.e., DUIs, drug charges). Loitering is typically a city code misdemeanor here in Arizona, and not something that would necessarily bar you from applying for a RN license from ABON, but you need to check with a New Jersey attorney to make sure.

Since the matter was originally in New Jersey, you need to repost your question in that forum.

DISCLAIMER THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. The answer given above serves an educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation this website is not intended to provide anyone specific legal advice for their specific issue. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. The answer provided does not substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction who has reviewed all discovery and an opportunity to discuss the issues specific to the case with the client. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications change frequently and may vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales.Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual specific legal circumstances involving one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.

Prbably a lesser misdemeanor, but ask an attorney in NJ.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. If you wish to contact the above attorney, see his profile at this website.