I have an old loitering charge from 1997 in New Jersey(2C:33-2.1C) ; is this considered a felony or misdemeanor?

Asked 10 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

It has given me issue obtaining a fingerprint clearance card before and I wonder if it will deter my application for an RN license in AZ.

1. Cary L Lackey

2

Answered . You need to re-post your question in the New Jersey section of avvo.com, and THEN ask us (Arizona attorneys) what the impact will be.

Generally, a felony conviction will bar you from obtaining a license from the Arizona Board of Nursing ("ABON"), and certain misdemeanors are problematic as well (I.e., DUIs, drug charges). Loitering is typically a city code misdemeanor here in Arizona, and not something that would necessarily bar you from applying for a RN license from ABON, but you need to check with a New Jersey attorney to make sure.

2. Howard A Snader

2

Answered . Since the matter was originally in New Jersey, you need to repost your question in that forum.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Answered . Prbably a lesser misdemeanor, but ask an attorney in NJ.