I have an occupational license due to DWLI. I didn't log my miles properly and got arrested. Will I loose my drving privileges?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I have an occupational license because I did not have a valid proof of insurance, but I had insurance. I pleaded "No Contest" and paid the fine. I missed payment on a surchage and I got a ticket while my license was suspended and I had to get an occupational license.

I got pulled over recently for no reason, the cop claimed I was not wearing a seat belt, but I was - the video on cop car should prove it - he arrested me bcoz my travel log for daily miles was not upto date. i.e. I did not have the days starting odometer written for the day I was pulled over. Will I loose my driving privileges? What are my options?

1. Martin Ben Zimmerman

Answered . First thing you need to do is stop posting specific details about your case in a public forum, the second is either re-hire the attorney who helped you get the occupational license in the first place or an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. The violation of the occupational driver's license is a tough charge that can result in both jail and probation revocation; However at the same time the judge may not fully agree with the officer. Only a good lawyer can tell the difference.

Good luck,
    Martin Zimmerman