I have an occupational license due to DWLI. I didn't log my miles properly and got arrested. Will I loose my drving privileges?

Dallas, TX |

I have an occupational license because I did not have a valid proof of insurance, but I had insurance. I pleaded "No Contest" and paid the fine. I missed payment on a surchage and I got a ticket while my license was suspended and I had to get an occupational license.

I got pulled over recently for no reason, the cop claimed I was not wearing a seat belt, but I was - the video on cop car should prove it - he arrested me bcoz my travel log for daily miles was not upto date. i.e. I did not have the days starting odometer written for the day I was pulled over. Will I loose my driving privileges? What are my options?

1. First thing you need to do is stop posting specific details about your case in a public forum, the second is either re-hire the attorney who helped you get the occupational license in the first place or an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. The violation of the occupational driver's license is a tough charge that can result in both jail and probation revocation; However at the same time the judge may not fully agree with the officer. Only a good lawyer can tell the difference.

Good luck,
    Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone