Skip to main content

I have an L1 A Visa valid till Dec 2016 and want to how to apply for Canadian visitor Visa ?

New York, NY |

Currently I am in the US and want to Visit Canada. Should I apply from US or from India. Can u let me know the exact procedure. Will my L1 status have any implication on this.

Attorney Answers 3


Contact your nearest Canadian consulate by phone or through its website. All the application instructions are clearly laid out there. They grant visitor visas to Hindiis, but you have to prove your valid status in the US first and convince them you'll depart CDN after temporary vist. A round trip Arline ticket with a date certain reservation will go a long way.. And so will the advance booking and pre-payment of a decent hotel there..

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

3 lawyers agree


If you are in the U.S. in valid L-1A status you should contact the Canadian Consulate closest to you that handles visa applications. This application will not affect your L-1A status, but your L-1A status should help in your visa application for Canada.

I am providing this general advice based on the information given and my understanding of that information. This is general advice . This advice is not intended to give a legal opinion. This advice is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. I strongly advise you and your husband to contact a lawyer about the specific facts of your situation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


This question falls outside of the scope of this forum.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics