I have an interlock device on my vehicle, how do I got about getting it removed?

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I have an interlock device on my vehicle for over a year, I got a DWI one and a half years ago and the case has been settled. I served and alternative sentence that I completed and I still have the device on my vehicle. Do I have to request an uninstall from the court or is there something they will automatically send to the interlock company?

1. James Richard Butler

1

Best Answer

Answered . Typically you will need an order of removal which you can obtain from the court. in Harris County this is an informal process and is handled through the probation liaison officer.

2. Thomas Lane Hooton

1

1

Answered . You have to get an interlock removal order from the judge of the court.

3. Amanda Michelle Webb

Pro

1

Answered . If you don't have a good relationship with your probation officer, I would suggest getting an attorney to help you have this lifted or removed.

The specifics of your case will determine how long you are statutorily required to have the interlock on your car. But the judge can require the interlock beyond what the statute requires, if they feel it is necessary.