I have an index # and need an attorney to review and file my paperwork. How much would that cost?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My husband and I have agreed to an uncontested divorce. It is amicable and there is no dispute over property or anything financial. My father, an attorney in FL, has filled out everything I need. I just don't want the hassle of the filing at the court house. I did that to obtain my index # and would rather not have to do that again.

1. Morghan L Richardson

Pro

4

Answered . Use the find a lawyer function on Avvo to locate a lawyer. Otherwise, I suggest going to the matrimonial clerk to ask questions or court help - you have made it this far!

2. Howard A. Schwartz

3

Answered . It depends on the paperwork which has been prepared. If it is all perfect you can do it on your own. Matrimonial attorneys charge by the hour so it is difficult to guess. Most attorneys would need to review the paperwork before giving a price. You can check with support services that do filing and service to see if they would be interested. Good luck.

3. Marco Emanuele Fava

3

Answered . Call me to discuss. I would be able to quote you a flat rate. 914-723-1700.

4. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

3

Answered . The matrimonial clerk should be able to tell you if your papers are in order. This won't cost you anything. If you prefer, I'll be glad to take a look at it and not charge you a fee.

5. Byron A. Divins Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . If the paper work is already completed, I'd recommend simply submitting to the clerk. If there are any problems, they will inform you and you could probably remedy any defects quickly. Check your local bar association, they may have attorneys who will look over your paperwork for you at no charge.

One or more answers have been taken down.