Skip to main content

I have an failure to yield citation, should i plead no lo ?

Morrow, GA |

I turned left on a green light, without an arrow and was t boned and charged with failure to yield

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should hire a lawyer and try not to get the points.

  2. Nolo is an option in these cases if you haven't already used it in the previous 5 years. However, the judge does not have to accept it. As to whether you should plead nolo (or whether there are other options to resolve this case without a plea or formal sentence), you should retain counsel. That question is too specific for this general information website.

  3. Nolo is only useful for keeping points off of your license (in this case 3 points), and/or if the other driver is trying to sue you. Your best bet iss to ask the prosecutor to reduce your violation to OCGA 40-6-180 "Too Fast for Conditions" so the charge will not go on your driving history.

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics