I have an failure to yield citation, should i plead no lo ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Morrow, GA

I turned left on a green light, without an arrow and was t boned and charged with failure to yield

1. Allen Rust Knox

3

Answered . Nolo is an option in these cases if you haven't already used it in the previous 5 years. However, the judge does not have to accept it. As to whether you should plead nolo (or whether there are other options to resolve this case without a plea or formal sentence), you should retain counsel. That question is too specific for this general information website.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Nolo is only useful for keeping points off of your license (in this case 3 points), and/or if the other driver is trying to sue you. Your best bet iss to ask the prosecutor to reduce your violation to OCGA 40-6-180 "Too Fast for Conditions" so the charge will not go on your driving history.

3. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

2

Answered . You should hire a lawyer and try not to get the points.