I have an ex-wife who refuses to give me my personal property and keeps harassing me. Also refuses to let me see my son.

West Pittston, PA |

To spite a court order and being found in contempt on several occations. HE ND HER HUSBAND KEEP MAKING UP STORIES AND GOING TO UTHORITIES ABOUT THEM. ALL TO KEEP ME FROM SEEING MY SON AND TO KEEP FROM GIVING ME MY PERSONAL BELONGINGS.

1. Unfortunately, you'll have to file for contempt of the court's order. I know it seems like a vivacious cycle, but the court can impose sanctions, such as up to 6 months in jail and a $1000 fine for each distinct violation.

This attorney is a member of Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC (1-888-236-9519) and is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania. There is no attorney client relationship created by this email. This response is provided for advertisement purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice upon which one should rely for the purposes of litigation, establishing a course of conduct, or representation. Responses are limited by the constraints of AVVO and, therefore, all issues presented should be discussed in full with an attorney who specializes in your field of inquiry. To discuss your case more fully, please contact us at www.shafferengle.com (Criminal Law and Personal Injury) or www.pennfamilylawyers.com (Family Law).

2. Sorry that you are going through this. If all your personal property was not addressed in your divorce settlement you would have to proceed through your local MDJ. If you had a property settlement agreement in conjunction with your divorce with which she is not complying, you can go back to court for enforcement of the settlement and requesting specific performance. With regard to custody, if she is not following the Court Order your recourse is following up with a Contempt Petition. As part of such a Petition, you may request attorney fees and or make-up time. If the contemptible behavior is repeated, the custody Order may be revised.