I have an ex-husband that is getting my tax money this year for child support but he says he is not.

Bound Brook, NJ |

This case with child support was closed in 2010 (i have papers to prove). Just recently I received a letter from The friend of the court in Michigan stating that they will be taking my taxes. I flipped out because i worked hard for that and needed to make my rent. Now my ex says he is not receiving anything and that he never got a letter in the mail. I got information about it and found out he was on medicaid for 2 years and they say they could not find me. I worked the whole time and when they stopped taking garnishment they sent it back to me. My son also moved out of the home and my ex's wife tells me they don't have medicaid that they use his work insurance. I am very confused as to what i can do because noone is helping me to be honest. All i want is help and to quit getting screwed.

1. You need to file a motion to cease that collection.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

2. I agree with counsel. You're going to need court intervention.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Child support topics