I have an ex-husband that is getting my tax money this year for child support but he says he is not.

Asked over 1 year ago - Bound Brook, NJ

This case with child support was closed in 2010 (i have papers to prove). Just recently I received a letter from The friend of the court in Michigan stating that they will be taking my taxes. I flipped out because i worked hard for that and needed to make my rent. Now my ex says he is not receiving anything and that he never got a letter in the mail. I got information about it and found out he was on medicaid for 2 years and they say they could not find me. I worked the whole time and when they stopped taking garnishment they sent it back to me. My son also moved out of the home and my ex's wife tells me they don't have medicaid that they use his work insurance. I am very confused as to what i can do because noone is helping me to be honest. All i want is help and to quit getting screwed.

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

1

Answered . You need to file a motion to cease that collection.

2. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

Answered . I agree with counsel. You're going to need court intervention.