I have an ex-husband that is getting my tax money this year for child support but he says he is not.

Asked over 1 year ago - Bound Brook, NJ

This case with child support was closed in 2010 (i have papers to prove). Just recently I received a letter from The friend of the court in Michigan stating that they will be taking my taxes. I flipped out because i worked hard for that and needed to make my rent. Now my ex says he is not receiving anything and that he never got a letter in the mail. I got information about it and found out he was on medicaid for 2 years and they say they could not find me. I worked the whole time and when they stopped taking garnishment they sent it back to me. My son also moved out of the home and my ex's wife tells me they don't have medicaid that they use his work insurance. I am very confused as to what i can do because noone is helping me to be honest. All i want is help and to quit getting screwed.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to file a motion to cease that collection.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree... more
  2. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I agree with counsel. You're going to need court intervention.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,556 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,556 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering