I have an asylum case in pending. My 2 years boyfrieNd ask me to married him.can I get married with a asylum case in pending??

Houston, TX |

I apply for asylum last summer, my case was put in front of the judge. Now I am waiting for my hearing date.can I get married??

I'm a f-1student. Yes my boyfriend is a citizens .im still going to school.

1. You can get married. However, I would strongly recommend that you contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and obtain professional assistance. Avvo is no substitute for a legal consultation on matter of such importance. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

2. You can get marriaed and you may be eligible for adjustment of status based on marriage to a citizen before the Judge. Consult with your attorney