I have an arrest record that I will like to get expunged. Do dissmissed cases get sealed automaticaly? Want to expunged arrest

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

The incident happened in the Bronx and no charges were ever filed. I have a copy of the disposition paper and the only thing that appears on the disposition is what the clerk wrote at the botton that no charges were filed and stamped the paper with a seal. It was a domestic violence incident and previouly he had violated the order of protection that I have against him. He stole from me and attacked me I just defended myself

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . That should be sealed automatically. Is it stamped SEALED? NY does not expunge.

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

1

Answered . There is no way to expunge a criminal record in NY. Under certain circumstances a criminal record can be sealed. An arrest alone would not give you a criminal record. If any information about your arrest appears on your State rap sheet, which you can request yourself from Albany, you may be able to contact them to get that entry removed. You can also hire an attorney to look into the matter for you.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

1

Answered . Non-prosecuted arrests are sealed. There is no expungement in NY state.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net