Skip to main content

I have an arraignment scheduled Tuesday 08-06-13. I have no idea what to plea, or if I should hire an attorney to be there with

Kingwood, TX |

My arrest was for theft. I honestly don't remember most of the night/morning. I have prescribed meds for insomnia (Ambien CR 12.5) Major depressive disorder, panic attacks, pain. I remember taking my xanax and ambien. Then about an hour later took 2 of my pain pills Norco with Phenergen . I was arrested at 0415 07-30-13

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    What level of theft? Are you in JP/municipal court, county court, or district court? If either of the latter two, the judge will presume your plea is not guilty and reset your case to hire a lawyer if you don't show up with one. If the former, then you should still plead not guilty and ask for a trial date. The issues you raise are becoming more documented but they are still fairly complex and you will definitely need a lawyer to be able to properly present them. A conviction or probation for theft could have real consequences later in your life.

    *** The fact that you solicited advice over a public forum waives any attorney-client privilege thus far. In addition, communications over this forum do not create any attorney-client relationship. To have a privileged conversation and/or establish an attorney-client relationship, contact me using the following information: Peyton Z. Peebles III Capitaine, Shellist, Peebles & McAlister, LLP, 713-715-4500 (office) 713-715-4500 (cell)

  2. Pleas not guilty and get yourself am attorney immediately. Better yet, get an attorney now and go together to the arraignment.

  3. A very easy approach:
    DO NOT ever plead to anything, do not do anything, do not proceed in any criminal case without first discussing your legal options and ramifications of your plea with a licensed professional representing your legal interests.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  4. Contact a local criminal law attorney immediately

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics