I have an approved f1 i-130 but Is it wise to apply for adjustment of status after residing in the USA as illegal immigrants?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I came into the country legally in 2002 on a class b-2 visa. My mother is the petitioner for me. She submitted d form last year and I just got an approval letter in June 25 2013. Can I file 245(i), be grandfathered, what are my options please? I really don't want to have to leave the country-- thank you.

1. Irene Arfaras Steffas

Pro

1

Answered . If you are under the age of 21, you may be eligible to adjust without 245i.

On the surface, your case does not appear to be one that falls under 245i . However, it is worth reviewing your case, your mother's case and considering all possible avenues. Although the government website is good, it is not a substitute for an immigration attorney.
    Give us a call to review your case and mention AVVO 770-642-6075

Best wishes

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I don't see how you qualify for 245i ... further, I assume that you're over 21 .. thus, you can adjust as an immediate relative.

Talk to an attorney ... it might be wise to wait and see if CIR happens this year.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Professor Capriotti.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Nothing in your posting indicates you are eligible for 245(i).