I have an appeal hearing scheduled re: denial of unemployment.

Baltimore, MD |

I gave 2 weeks notice at my full-time job. My application for unemployment was denied. The reasons were due to the impact of the stress of the job that exacerbated my health--to the point that, in my opinion, was "good cause".
Due to my chronic medical conditions, I have applied for disability. Yet also am stating to unemployment via TELECERT that I can work full-time in my profession. Unfortunately, its a yes or no answer about work.....I think I can work; however, not full-time. I am in a quandry. My answers about work are "maybe," not a yes or no about unemployment.
I'm thinking I should not appeal the unemployment decision and just continue with disability app. your thoughts?

I have handled appeals of unemployment determinations and they sometimes do get overturned. If you have proper written verification that stress caused by your supervisor amounted to a "termination" in effect, it may be worth it to appeal.

Mark L. Rosenberg is an attorney admitted to practice in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia only. This answer is meant to be for educational purposes and no attorney/client relationship is intended or created by this answer. You should consult an attorney in your jurisdiction for information on your case or claim.